Saturday, August 6, 2011

Inspired by Children


My Frenchy Girl prototype
I met some dear friends for coffee a few days ago at the new branch of Mojo's on the Lake. It is always pleasant to take a break from the studio, and see what my other creative friends are up to. My one friend brought her daughter along, and she read, played and studied while we chatted.

I made my first Frenchy Girl prototype for my friend's daughter, inspired by the bag of fabric scraps my girlfriend had generously shared with me. I have made many variations of it since then.


As I talked with my girlfriends about some design ideas, my girlfriend's daughter sketched out a dress she would like me to make for her. It is an amazing design, and I can't wait to try it in knits and upcycled t-shirts!

The Count on Three design at the bottom is a second design, a reversible A-line pullover jumper with a wide band. The numbers will be on the shaped band all around the dress. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment